A network supporting successful investments
Berne Economic Development Agency (BEDA)
We liaise with the BEDA 1 to support your investment project.
The BEDA provides potential investors with general information about Berne canton as a business location,as well as with a wide range of investment incentives. In addition to financial support , the department provides assistance and other services.
The financial support provided by the economic promotion departments of the City of Biel-Bienne and Berne canton are cumulative for companies located in Biel.
Biel-Seeland Business Chamber (Wirtschaftskammer Biel-Seeland «WIBS»)
You can obtain information about the Biel-Seeland region from Biel-Seeland Business Chamber 2 («WIBS»):
WIBS forms a platform of interest for the benefit of the regional economy, uniting companies, municipalities, associations, vocational training colleges and trade unions. Today, WIBS has some 1,000 members, including more than 700 companies and more than 30 municipalities.
Be-advanced - Initial advice for SMEs and new companies
On behalf of Berne Economic Development Agency, be-advanced 3 (only GER/FRE) provides up to 3 hours of free advice for start-ups and up to three days for SMEs on the following questions:
For new companies in the Canton of Berne
- Initial consultancy on the topics of ideas, opportunities, business plan and all relevant questions of business management when setting up a new company
For SMEs in the Canton of Berne
- An ‘innovation check’ to establish the company’s innovative potential
- Advice on generating new ideas for products and Services
- Advice on finding new markets to further strengthen the company’s Position
- Advice on evaluating and implementing projects, to develop the company and find new business Partners
EasyGov - The online desk for companies
EasyGov 4 makes the necessary administrative tasks simple, fast and efficient. This secure and reliable platform allows companies to electronically process authorization, application and reporting procedures in a single location. It is currently available mainly at the federal level and will in the future also be available in many cantonal authorities and at a municipal level. EasyGov relieves and saves costs - for both companies and the authorities.