Biel/Bienne has a great deal to offer as a business location. For example, it is centrally located between major European markets and is well connected by road and rail.
Biel/Bienne is a major industry cluster offering synergies for businesses. The regional economy is especially strong in:
- Precision engineering/micro-mechanics
Multiple benefits for businesses
Biel/Bienne has a great deal to offer businesses: The region’s bilingualism is a distinct advantage for staff recruitment and market coverage. Its other assets include:
- Attractive business taxes
- A large skilled workforce thanks to major training centres (only GER/FRE)
- Low production costs
- City-owned land reserves in prime locations (transfer under leasehold)
- Attractive business assistance and support initiatives.
- Economic development: key facts [pdf, 674 KB]
- Development of the city of Biel [pdf, 19.5 MB]
- Biel as location for business - know-how [pdf, 6.2 MB]
- Facts and figures [pdf, 3.8 MB] (only GER/FRE)